Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Short Term Goal

On March 26th, there is a 5k run in Montgomery. I decided that I'm going to start training for it. Even if I walk the whole thing, I am going to go, and I am going to finish it.

To get a baseline, I walked a 5k today. Mind you, I slept awfully last night and the baseline might be slightly low, but that just means more to improve upon right? Anyway, I finished the 3.11 miles in an hour and 43 seconds. On race day, I get an hour to get through. So as long as I shave 43 seconds off of my time, I'm good! Anything on top of that is just an improvement. I'd like to finish in under 45 minutes if possible, but really I just want to finish.

My weight is plateauing, and it is irritating me. This run serves as something else to focus on instead of getting lost in the irritation. (And hey, maybe training for a 5k will make the weight start coming off again!)

I realized that when you do this kind of thing for yourself and don't wait for others to make you do it, all of a sudden you get all the support in the world. People who I barely know are rooting for me, and it's inspiring. I guess people can tell a difference in whether your own spark is shining through. Because no one wants to help someone who won't help themselves. Trust me, I know.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!
    I know I messaged you about this, but you didn't have any comments so I wanted to add one! :)

    ReplyDelete